To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONVENTUS MISSION AND VISION
Conventus is an asset-based business purpose lender and asset management company based in San Francisco, CA. We are a small but growing team of experienced mortgage professionals creating a highly responsive, fast, and no hassle lending platform for property developers and real estate professionals to obtain loans for their projects quickly and seamlessly. Our mission is to delight every customer and ensure quality and trust in every interaction in which we engage. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Full-Time, Salaried, Performance-Based Bonus
As a Conventus Funding Manager you will contribute to building profitable and long-term relationships with your existing clients and ones that you cultivate here to reach business objectives. Your abilities to anticipate, connect, personalize and own the relationship with the customer will deliver a direct impact to the company.
• Ensure that Closing/Funding Team follows all policies and procedures.
• Lead, manage and support doc drawers, closers, funders in team
• Create and ensure a smooth closing process for all loans
• Ensure funding happen on time as scheduled
• Maintain cost controls and meet guidelines established for the Closing/Funding department.
• Order payoffs/releases, OFAC and lien checks, and insurance documents, amongst other information in order to complete loan files.
• Analyze documents accurately and communicate additional needs.
• Support Director of Loan Operations, Servicing and other operational team members.
• Support Conventus’ strong customer relationship culture through customer contact, quality customer service, and superior loan knowledge.
• Comply with all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Ensure contracts are reviewed and risks managed and funds flow effectively to MFIs.
• Contribute to streamlining Funding processes and documenting protocols and policies.
• Superior time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, and information retention
• Proficient detail-oriented communicator and listener
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Team player
• Flexibility and responsiveness to adapt quickly to changing requirements
• High level of passion and motivation for learning new skills
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years of mortgage or lending industry experience
• A minimum of 2 years of management experience
• Prior closing/funding experience required
• Bachelor’s or technical degree preferred but not required
• Integrated PTO annually
• Health Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
• Life Insurance Coverage
• Pre-tax commuter fund
• Pre-tax medical fund
Salary range: $73,000 to $92,000 annually (dependent upon experience) Performance-based bonus