BACK END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CONVENTUS MISSION AND VISION
Conventus Holding Corporation was envisioned and created to reduce the number of economic intermediaries involved in the origination, funding and investment in the $25 billion real estate bridge loan market place. True to the Latin origin of the company’s name, “to bring together,” CHC existence and strength is anchored to a business model that removes unnecessary economic intermediates so that it can provide superior pricing and service to its clients. Our competitive edge in executing our mission is assembling, nurturing, and developing a collaborative group of talented individuals. To that end, diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Full-Time, Salaried, Performance-Based Bonus
As Conventus’ Back End Software Engineer, you will work alongside other developers and product managers to architect backend, high-concurrency, multi-threaded, server-systems. You will
· optimize the existing software stack
· develop and implement a suitable Service Oriented Architecture.
· improve the core infrastructure for high scalability.
· develop data models, define database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
· build applications that streamline operations and interface with third party data and service APIs,
· code algorithms for multifactor credit models,
· manage the server infrastructure and develop tools that automate time-consuming tasks.
You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
· Developing new user-facing features using React.js
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Backend architecture experience
· Experience with Python webservers, particularly with libraries like Django, Jinga2, and Webapp2 a plus
· Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
· Experience with RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Celery is a huge plus
· Experience with Web sockets
· Experience with AWS / Cloud Hosting is a must
· Be highly skilled in SQL, Linux command line and git.
· Be familiar with modern frontend development practices including React, Redux and Sagas. Our frontend engineers will build pages, but you will need to implement the admin tools and decide the client server communication protocol.
· Be clear communicating with technical peers to build clearly defined requirements and convert these into robust technical architecture.
· Be experienced in producing high-quality technical specifications, documentation and accurately estimating the time required for the build.
· Be thorough in providing tests to support code, contributing to testing strategies and providing high-quality user training documentation.
Mindset and Character
At CHC, we look for future employees who demonstrate and have the mindset and character of our following 4 core values:
· Consistently achieves and exceeds expectations
· Has a curiosity to explore new avenues for growth and/or efficiency
· Strives for excellence and is accountable for area of responsibility
· Encourages other team members to reach such a level
· Fundamentally hard working
· Thoroughly completes tasks at hand
· Performs duties in a way that is focused around protecting capital
· Employs a level of care and attention to detail in all activities
· Gathers and shares customer information and needs
· Timely shares information about loan and business risk
· Shares ideas and learning moments across the team
· Embraces the communicative and proactive management style
Delight the Customer:
· Strict customer focus across all activities
· Clients always come first
· Continuously thinking of ways to enhance the client experience
· Don’t sweat the small stuff, play the long game with clients
Education and Experience
· Undergraduate or graduate degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience as Django/Python backend engineer
· Special consideration given for:
Prior real fintech development experience (academic or practical)
Database architecture experience
• Integrated PTO annually
• Health Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
• Life Insurance Coverage
• Pre-tax commuter fund
• Pre-tax medical fund