BACK END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CONVENTUS MISSION AND VISION
Conventus is an asset-based business purpose lender and asset management company based in San Francisco, CA. We are a small but growing team of experienced mortgage professionals creating a highly responsive, fast, and no hassle lending platform for property developers and real estate professionals to obtain loans for their projects quickly and seamlessly. Our mission is to delight every customer and ensure quality and trust in every interaction in which we engage. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Full-Time, Salaried, Performance-Based Bonus
As Conventus’ Back End Software Engineer, you will work alongside other developers and product managers to architect backend, high-concurrency, multi-threaded, server-systems. You will
· optimize the existing software stack
· develop and implement a suitable Service Oriented Architecture.
· improve the core infrastructure for high scalability.
· develop data models, define database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
· build applications that streamline operations and interface with third party data and service APIs,
· code algorithms for multifactor credit models,
· manage the server infrastructure and develop tools that automate time-consuming tasks.
You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
· Developing new user-facing features using React.js
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Backend architecture experience
· Experience with Python webservers, particularly with libraries like Django, Jinga2, and Webapp2 a plus
· Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
· Experience with RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Celery is a huge plus
· Experience with Web sockets
· Experience with AWS / Cloud Hosting is a must
· Be highly skilled in SQL, Linux command line and git.
· Be familiar with modern frontend development practices including React, Redux and Sagas. Our frontend engineers will build pages, but you will need to implement the admin tools and decide the client server communication protocol.
· Be clear communicating with technical peers to build clearly defined requirements and convert these into robust technical architecture.
· Be experienced in producing high-quality technical specifications, documentation and accurately estimating the time required for the build.
· Be thorough in providing tests to support code, contributing to testing strategies and providing high-quality user training documentation.
• Team player
• Flexibility and responsiveness to adapt quickly to changing requirements
• High level of passion and motivation for learning new skills
Education and Experience
· Undergraduate or graduate degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience as Django/Python backend engineer
· Special consideration given for:
- Opensource contributions
- Prior real fintech development experience (academic or practical)
- Database architecture experience
• Integrated PTO annually
• Health Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
• Life Insurance Coverage
• Pre-tax commuter fund
• Pre-tax medical fund
Salary range: $90,000 - 140,000 DOE